Diversity Training will facilitate the employee's understanding and respect of the diversity of all persons served including their culture, religious beliefs and practices. Diversity training elements will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and supporting the individualís unique religious beliefs and practices
- Understanding family structures and various methods of communication
- Understanding disabilities, both developmental and other disabilities
- Planning activities and creating home environments that reflect the unique cultures and diversity of persons served
- Respecting the diversity of sub-populations and cultures
- Recognizing cultural healing practices (Aboriginal, Chinese medicine, etc.) as possible supplements to medical treatments
Employees are required to obtain certification within the first 9 months of employment and to recertify annually.